Followers

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

Friday, March 25, 2011

MIA

I'm sure some of you have noticed I've been MIA, especially since I haven't been commenting lately. My grandfather, aka Papa, has been sick in hospital since just after Christmas and he passed away last Saturday night. So my sister and I were asked to make the photo boards and I've been working on a photo CD all week as well. The service is tmw. I'm hoping to get some Sympathy cards made if I can get some time, let along some energy. So, that's why I've been so quiet. Papa is in a much better place now and no longer in pain. He's been sick off and on for a long time. Apparently he looked super handsome and about 20 yrs younger after all his pain had ended and we take comfort in that. My Aunt Linda said he had a lot of people waiting for him to get in on that hand of Euchre or that much awaited dance. I'll close this post with a poem I found online and having read at the service...it just seemed very fitting

Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free;
I'm following the path that was laid for me.
I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way;
I found that place at the close of day.
If my parting has left a void,
then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss;
Ah yes, these things, I too, will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow;
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I savored much;
Good friends, good times, a loved ones touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief;
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me;
For my time is complete and now I'm free

Rest in Peace Papa...now it's time to get back behind the wheel of those big trucks and drive to your hearts content!! 

7 comments:

Denise Pustelniak said...

I can't speak for the other girls but, I think they totally understand. Just think of it like this "He's saving you a good seat"

Karen Wilson said...

Thanks Denise .. I agree!!

Danni said...

Thinking of you!

Michelle said...

Oh so sorry for your loss Karen! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Karen Motz said...

So sorry for your loss Karen! Hopefully working on the photo boards and CD has brought back wonderful memories of your Papa.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry for you loss. My heart goes out to you and your family.

I awarded you the Liebster Blog. Please come over at grab it from my blog. Thanks for all the inspirations.
Hugs

Nancy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, Karen! Your poem was a wonderful tribute!