Followers

Search

Blog Archive

Labels

Monday, January 24, 2011

Wedding Invitation, Sample 1

Friends of ours are getting married in August of this year and they've asked me to do their invitations. I'm really excited and honored to be asked. I thought I would do a couple samples for them to choose from and then we can go from there. I'm keeping mailing in mind as well...one thing I've learned with cards, the thicker they are, the more expensive and since there's about 70 of these going out, I'm trying to keep that in mind. So, for sample #1, I started with a 6x12" piece of CS and scored it at 1.5, 5.5 and 9" then I cut my CS for the invite to 3.5x5.5 and the pocket CS (cream) is 3x5.5. The pocket will hold all the extra information. The bow is cut from "Sweetheart" cricut cart at 1 1/4 and the corner scroll is cut at 2 1/4. I did their wedding invite on velum. Stay tuned for next samples to follow!

(for some reason, the whole invite wouldn't show right side up, so I've just added the close up of the front)



5 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Very pretty, Karen!!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Wonderful!!! These will keep you busy for a while!
Good idea about (the mailing thing)

Kimberly S said...

How pretty Karen! I'm looking forward to seeing your other samples and I hope you'll share with us which one they choose! :)

dolcreations said...

These are so pretty Karen.Is the blue the colour scheme she is going with? Very pretty!

Cindy Haffner said...

Very very PRETTY!